Tagaytay City is probably one of the most-visited spots outside of Metro Manila due to its proximity, the chilly weather, the view of Taal Lake, and sumptuous beef bulalo which is available almost everywhere in the city. Our family’s fondest memories with dad also happened in Tagaytay which makes the city so much more special to me and my siblings.
When dad became frequently and seriously ill last year, I decided to treat my parents and younger siblings for an overnight staycation at Boss Reuel Staycation Suites. Boss Reuel Staycation Suites is a condo unit in Cityland Prime which is strategically located near main attractions of the city, a walking distance from the rotonda, and shopping malls. The Cityland Prime’s rooftop offers a 360 degrees view of Tagaytay which includes the majestic Taal Lake. The unit itself is only a flight of stairs away from the rooftop, one of its advantages especially when you have elderly people with you, as was my case during our first visit.
If you are planning to go on staycation in Tagaytay, I highly recommend Boss Reuel Staycation Suites for the following reasons:
1. It’s only 10-15 mins drive to Sky Ranch, Mahogany Market, Pink Sisters, Twin Lakes, and other main attractions of the city.
2. You can just buy grocery from the nearby mall and cook simple meals inside the unit if you’re on a budget because the unit has a mini ref, pans, rice cooker, electric oven, plates, cups, the works. The condo is just across a McDonald’s, in case you are as crazy for their brewed coffee and sausage mcmuffin with egg as I am. *winks*
3. The host is friendly and kind. The unit was supposed to accommodate only 4 people. I asked him if it’s okay if there will be seven of us (5 adults, 2 young kids) in advance (out of courtesy too) and he was accommodating.
4. The swimming pool is big enough when you want to do your laps. Four people per unit are allowed to use the pool for free.
5. The unit is only a flight of staircase away from the rooftop so you can go there as many times as you like without needing to take the elevator.
6. The suites offer 1 king-size and 1 queen-size beds plus a sofa bed so though there were seven of us, we slept comfortably.
7. I’d rather stay in Boss Reuel Staycation Suites than anywhere else because it’s cheap if you consider all the amenities offered by Cityland Prime; the proximity to main attractions; the 360 degrees view of Tagaytay; and because the unit itself is clean and well-maintained. For the price of the accommodation, you will surely get the bang for your buck, most especially if you are coming with your family. The owner was kind and accommodating to our requests so that was a BIG PLUS.
To book the unit, just visit their Airbnb site HERE.
Below are the main features of Boss Reuel Statycation Suite as lifted off it’s Airbnb page:
25 sq.meters with 1 private bedroom, living room/dining, kitchen, separate toilet and bath, and a balcony facing Rotonda / Tagaytay Fora.
– Maximum of 4 guests including kids for a comfortable stay.
– Only 1 Child 2 years old & below who will share bed with parents is not counted in the 4 guests.
Sleeping Arrangement (2 beds)
– Two 54″x 75″ double hotel quality beds good for 4 guests.
– WIFI access
– 32″ Smart TV with cable channels
– Charging docks and electric sockets (child/proofed)
– Window type Air-con with remote
– Fully equipped kitchenette
– Refrigerator, microwave oven, electric stove, rice cooker, electric kettle, cooking utensils, dining utensils, mugs, glasses, dishwashing cleanser
– Two expandable sofa tables and stools that can be used for dining.
Toilet & Bath
– Shower with heater
– Bath Towels : Good for 2 pax only
– Separate Toilet with bidet
– Cabinet with hangers
Swimming Pool (3rd level)
Open: Frid-Wed 6am-10pm
Closed: Thursday for cleaning
If Holiday falls on a Thursday, cleaning will be on the next day.
Rooftop View Deck (24th level)
360 degree view of Taal & Tagaytay. Open until 10 pm.
Use the fire exit door in the 23rd floor
Kids Play Area (3rd level)
Pay Parking Entrance
– Payable to the guard on duty at the ground or 3rd level.
– P50 multiple entry (Mon-Thurs)
– P50 per entry (Fri-Sun & Holidays)
– Trolley/Push cart is available upon request to the guard (self-service). Please always return to guard station.
Commercial areas – 3rd Level (7-11, Bank and atm machines, coffee shops, McDonald’s with a great view of Taal is right across the street).